poster 2016

poster 2016

Monday, June 6, 2016

June 2: Hakone visit

Hakone (箱根) is part of the Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park, less than 100 kilometers from Tokyo. Famous for hot springs, natural beauty and the view of nearby Mt. Fuji, Hakone is one of the most popular destinations among Japanese and international tourists looking for a break from Tokyo.

One day I was told that Senshu University has a seminar house in Hakone and it's available for us to use if we want.  However, I didn't know too much about Hakone...what they can offer, how long it takes, and how much it costs.... so I decided to go check the place out for the next Senshu trip!

Wow!  So much to do and see!  I regretted right away that I didn't include Hakone in our cultural field trips!  (Maybe next time!!)


 

  

The slope is too steep and the train had to do switch backs!






Cable car to the top of Senundake


View from the Senundake  (Can you see the Kanji letter 'BIG'?)


Beautiful parks




This trip's main event was Mt. Kintoki Climbing (1212m at the top/ 563m gain)!  I decided to climb this mountain to see Mt. Fuji from the top.









I saw Mt. Fuji at the top.... it was a very humble one though...


Supposed to be like this ... (next time!!)


A little cheers (kanpai)! to myself as a reward!




This is supposed to be the mountain where "Kintaro (a brave boy from a Japanese folk tale) " played sumo with animals!


I was too late to get on the pirates' ship




So I decided to stop by hot spring for a soak at Hakone-Yumoto!









Hot spring was so nice especially after the quick and steep hike!
I felt all relaxed in onsen, but the two hour train ride on the way back was a torture after that!



No comments:

Post a Comment